First Things First
Be sure to join the Facebook events, and tell all your friends and customers to do the same! We’ve created separate events for each of the 4 weeks so that we can list all of you there for the respective weeks that you’re vending without any confusion, but please do share any of the other weeks that you’re not vending as well, just to help drum up some Facebook hype and get others to see them!
- Booth Fee: $275/weekend
- Option to vend for up to 5 of the following weekends: November 24-26, December 1-3, December 8-10, December 15-17, December 22-24
- 24/7 security (no need to tear down overnight)
- Estimated attendance of 150,000 holiday shoppers over the course of the 4 weeks
- Premier downtown location across from Westlake Center, prime outdoor exposure during the holidays
- Your booth will be inside of a tent structure with clear sides, and with the ability to open the sidewalls between vendor booths if you and your neighbors choose to do so!
About the Booths
- Vendor is to provide their own signage to be displayed inside the booth or free standing outside of the booth. We will not be attaching individual vendor signage to the kiosks in order to maintain consistency. Vendors are encouraged to bring their own signage and banners to hang at the booth.
- Each tent is 10’x20′, which means that TWO vendors will be in each structure, occupying their own 10’x10′ space. We’ll be publishing the booth maps soon, and once we do we highly suggest you introduce yourselves to one another before vending and perhaps discuss your respective setups, so that you can plan accordingly.
- The tents have clear windows on three sides and only the back will be all white. The sides will have the option of being rolled up, so if you prefer to have that exposure and the weather is complying, you’re welcome to open up any sidewalls as you see fit.
- Booth Map — CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
- Each of these 10’x20′ tent structures will have the following items provided by the DSA:
- Strings of cafe lights
- One space heater
Your booth will be equipped with a 20-amp electrical outlet which can be used to plug in phones and perhaps a string of holiday lights, depending on the amps. These 20 amps are to be shared between you and your booth neighbor. (Please note: NO additional space heaters will be allowed to plug in to these 20amp outlets; it could potentially blow the electricity for the whole area and you will be charged if this happens!).
Load-In / Load-Out
- Load-in will be from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. each Friday
- Load-out will be from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. each Sunday
- The load-in zone is in front of Sephora, on Pine as well as on Pike.
- When you arrive, unload your car as quickly as possible, and then repark your car before beginning to transport your booth materials or set up. This will help keep the flow, so that all vendors can unload and set up their booths in a timely manner.
- Parking suggestions, visit www.downtownseattleparking.com
. Bed Bath & Beyond has $7 ALL day parking on Sat and Sun only. Most vendors last year found parking across the street at mall.
- All vendors are required to be open every day, for the full hours of 12p-7pm (5pm on Sundays). No booths will be allowed to open late, or close early, on any day, for any reason. Please plan your staffing accordingly!
- You may choose to leave your goods overnight or take them with you, but it is up to you and your level of comfort. We do have overnight security, but the security guard is watching the entire park, carousel, tents, fencing, staffing booths, etc. If you choose to take your product home, you will also be allowed a loading window of 11am-12pm and 7pm-8pm on both Fridays and Saturdays.
As a reminder, those in Week 1 will need to load in before 7:30 as the streets will be closed after that for the Jingle Bell Parade. You are welcome to just drop off, or set up and then leave to grab a bite to eat before the show starts at 12.
A few exceptions:
- Week 2: Friday, December 1st is the Figgy Pudding contest in Westlake Park. This event attracts thousands of people, so our market will stay open on that night until 8:30 p.m.
- Week 5: Because Christmas Eve falls on a Sunday, we will instead have the market open THURSDAY through SATURDAY of that week (12:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.) and load-out will be from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 23rd.
Here’s a list of all the places that the Holiday Market at Westlake Park will be advertised over the holiday season:
- Persistent signage at Westlake Park
- Inclusion in holiday flyer handed out at both Westlake Park and Occidental Square (among other various locations)
- Inclusion in a wide variety of city-wide calendar listings
- Included in all carousel announcements
- Logo placement on DSA holiday landing page
- Mentions on DSA Facebook, Twitter and Instagram all season long
- Individual Facebook event pages for each weekend market
- Mention in two media advisories
- Presence in advertising running on light rail and King County Metro
- Mention in WARM 106.9 e-newsletter
- Inclusion in WARM 106.9 radio commercials when time allows
- The closest bathrooms are at the Westlake Mall. Specifically, the GM at Saks Off 5th has given us permission to use the restroom in the store. You may ask a store associate for access and they’ll give you the code, which may change from week to week.
- To reiterate one last point, the UCU team is very small, and we have many other events happening this time of year. Because the DSA (Downtown Seattle Association) are the ones responsible for any decision-making for this show, they will be your point of contact during the show. Please find their contact info below. They’ll also have your contact info on hand so that they can problem solve if need be, as we may not be as easy to get a hold of during certain weekends.
Your first point of contact will be the Park Ambassador who will be there in person.
Contact #2: Glen Jonietnz
Contact #3: Heidi Anderson