- Dates: January 20th – January 23rd (load-in on Friday, January 19th)
- Time: 9am-5pm each day (9am-3pm on Tuesday)
- Booth Size: 10′ x 5′
- Booth Fee: $550
Please note: Once we’ve submitted your business information to the gift show organizers, you may start receiving emails from them with lots of info about the show that may or may not be relevant to our section specifically. Please refer to this page here first for information, and ask us any questions directly if you have them. The SGS tends to fire off info to everyone on their list, but because we have a special section under the UCU umbrella it may end up making things more confusing for you, and we apologize for that! Just ask us if anything seems off to you.
You are welcome to load in between 9am-5pm on Friday, January 19th. Drive into the main parking garage of the Convention Center, and you can park there temporarily while you load in through the big freight elevator. Then, once you’ve unloaded your car, please re-park before continuing to set up your booth.
Please note that NO EARLY TEAR-DOWN is allowed. Vendors must remain in their booths, fully set up, until the end of vending hours, every day of the show.
Terms you should know & questions you should be able to answer:
- Do you know what Net 30 is?
- Consignment vs. Wholesale: are you willing to do both or just one or the other?
- Minimum First Order: Many vendors have a minimum for an opening order. Sometimes as low as $50, sometimes $250 or higher. What you are selling will help determine your minimum, and some vendors will do any size. It’s up to you but you should know your terms before you are approached with these sorts of questions!
- Line Sheets: It’s good to have some line sheets on hand. This way if a buyer is interested but not ready to commit, they can take your line sheet for future reference. (And on that note, YOU should be sure to take a card from everyone who inquires about your work so that you can follow up with them after the show.)
- Order Forms: Some vendors have their own order forms made with their logo, information and space to write in the buyer’s information so that you have a copy and the buyer has one. Other vendors use invoices bought from an office supply store. Which will you be using?
- Cash & Carry: Unfortunately, the Seattle Gift Show does not allow our vendors to offer cash and carry in our section.
Good Wholesale Articles & Resources
Something to keep in mind: you can be aggressive without sounding like a used car salesman. But at the end of the day, it is up to you to seal the deal, so be ready to present the story of your product and get buyers on board. People love to see the real person behind the work they are buying, so being able to connect with buyers on this level is invaluable.
Here are some great articles on this topic for you to peruse, and if you’re feeling anxious about having to “sell yourself” at the show, shoot us an email and we may be able to help you out with some advice as well.
- Five Essentials to Prepare for your First Wholesale Show
- How to Sell Your Artwork: Retail, Wholesale and Sales Reps
- Retailers Aren’t Actually Trying to Screw You Over, Honest
- Selling Wholesale
- Setting Up a Booth at a Trade Show
Booth Map (posted closer to show date)
Reaching out to Buyers
While we do a lot on our end to try and pull buyers in to our section (such as sponsored postcards at the SGS welcome booth, emailing shop owners on our radar from our own summer wholesale event, postcards at our summer show, etc.), it really helps when you as a vendor reach out as well!
If you don’t already have a list of buyers, brainstorm some shops in the area who you would be excited to have carry your work, or who you think would be a good fit for your product. Research the owner’s or buyer’s contact info, and then reach out to them with an email or a postcard of your own, inviting them to come to the show and see your work in person. You can give them the registration link to make it even easier for them to do so. The more buyers who know about our section of the Gift Show, the more everyone will benefit!
Ordering Booth Amenities
This is where you can order electricity, wifi, that sort of thing. Keep in mind that we are not required to use pipe & drape in our section, which we think actually looks really cool for our section, so no need to shell out the big bucks for that unless you really want to. Once our vendor list is set we’ll be submitting your information to Urban Expos, who will provide you with a login username and password. Once you have that, you can visit this page and order anything additional that you’d like.
Promoting the show & our section
We’re trying to garner lots of buzz about our Urban Craft Uprising section of the gift show this year. Here are a few fun things we have going on:
Get your tickets now for all our upcoming shows (most are free!)
From our SGS Vendors
Just wanted to give a quick thanks for UCU hosting us makers at the Gift Show. I was able to land some great wholesale accounts. The lower pricepoint for booths let me take the leap into tradeshows that I probably wouldn’t have had the balls to do otherwise. Not sure how long you guys have been doing it (since I’m new the the PNW) but I wanna pass on a two thumbs up to you all for this facet of UCU! So thanks a ton!