Introducing the Urban Craft Market at the Seattle Street Food Festival
We are VERY excited to announce our new partnership with the Seattle Street Food Festival (SSFF) this summer!
In August 2013, SSFF debuted with over 25,000 people attending (along 11th Ave on the corner of Pine along Cal Anderson Park), with over 55 local food vendors and over 30 crafters. This new partnership will expand the craft section to about 110 vendors!
The festival features an all-star palette of foodie programming like Pop-Up Picnic in the Park, supporting local charities, with an impressive list of culinary talents like Top Chef’s Carrie Mashaney (Spinasse/Aragona) followed by our industry party by James Beard nominees Ethan Stowell and Jason Franey (Canlis).
Inspired by the Brooklyn night market, this event will be held on August 8th and 9th, opening up to the public that Friday at 5:00 pm.
2014 Festival Highlights
- 35,000+ People forecasted to attend the festival over two days
- Free Admission to the general public over two days
- Seattle’s largest street food showcase, with 75 unique food vendors in 2014
- Customized programming inside the park like our 2013 Pop-Up Picnic and Industry Closing Night Party hosted by Ethan Stowell & Canlis’ Jason Franey
- Hugo House Summer Performance House
- Three Beer Gardens | Craft Cocktails, Beer and Wine
- VIF Express Pass | Skip the Lines & Enjoy the Best of Seattle
Urban Craft’s Involvement:
- UCU will be curating the handmade market portion of this event. Applications will be vetted through UCU just as they are for our own shows, the only difference being that NO photos will be needed for the jury; we will instead be requesting websites, Etsy shops, or other online venues where your work is pictured.
- This event will be PNW-focused so anyone in states outside of the Pacific Northwest should not apply.
- In addition to the booth fee, each vendor is required to give 10% of their sales to the park. This is mandatory for all vendors — food and craft alike — and is non negotiable.
- Food vendors may apply to vend in the UCU Marketplace ONLY if you are not serving cooked items. (For those who want to apply in that category, please do so through theSSFF application form.) However, any pre-packaged goods such as jams, candy, baked goods, etc. are welcome at the UCU Marketplace.
Applications are open now for this event!
We really are so excited to be teaming up with this great event, and hope that this is another fun way for you to be involved in the community and make some extra summer money!
If you have any questions about this event, feel free to contact Kristen at kristen@urbancraftuprising.