Holiday Market at Westlake Park
Each weekend from Friday, November 24th through Sunday, December 24th | Booth Fee: $275 per weekend
Last year UCU partnered up with the Downtown Seattle Association (DSA) after a very successful first year of the First Thursday Art Walks in Occidental Park. They asked us to curate and manage a market in Westlake Park, stretching from the day after Thanksgiving to Christmas Eve. While there were many kinks to work out and some trying days, there was also enough potential in this new market for us to give it another go (with some MAJOR changes–see below) in 2017!
This year, the market will include 12-16 vendors in Westlake Park, from– ONLY, with the following proposed hours (these hours will fluctuate depending on the featured events happening in or near the Park (Figgy Pudding, Jingle Bell Run, etc.) giving vendors the opportunity to take advantage of more crowds.
- Week 1: November 24 – 26
- Week 2: December 1 – 3
- Week 3: December 8 – 10
- Week 4: December 15 – 17
- Week 5: December 22 – 24
Booth Fee: $275/weekend
Some other points of interest:
– Premier downtown location and exposure during the holidays (yes, this is an outdoor show!)
– Booth space provided by DSA, include lighting
– Lunch- and rush-hour foot traffic during hours of operation
– 24/7 park security
– Proximity to DSA Holiday Carousel, a Seattle tradition
– The total estimated number of visitors / attendees to the 2017 holiday experience in Westlake Park is between 150,000-160,000.