- Booth Map
- September Booth Assignments
- Time: From 4:00 – 9:00ish pm
- Load-In: You can start loading in on either side of the park starting at 1:45 at either S. Washington St. or S. Main St. We ask that you pull up, empty your car right away, go park and THEN set up your booth. Please don’t leave your car in the load zone for ample time as we want to make room for other vendors. Speaking of parking, the best way to find parking is to visit this site. There are some garages that just charge the same price as street parking and some garages that are more reasonable than others. All found there.
- Any vendors in spaces 8-14 will not be able to load in until 2:45 because there will be food trucks in this area until then. If you do not need that much time for set up, please let us know so we can plan accordingly. If you have been assigned one of those spaces and feel like it won’t work for you, please let us know ASAP!
- ALL vendors must be set up and ready to sell by 4pm sharp!
- Load-Out: The show goes until 9:00pm. Some months if the weather isn’t great we might allow folks to break down early OR if it’s awesome and vendors want to stay, we can allow for that too. However, no one is allowed to break down early unless approved. We ask that everyone breaks down their booth before they get their car. This will allow for smoother load out. There re DSA ambassadors at the park that will keep an eye on your belongings, and Kristen be there as well
- Booth Size: 10′ x 10′. Please note that this event is outdoors, and no tents are provided; this is an empty space for you to do with what you would like. We do encourage you all to bring battery operated lights as we have no control of the lights in the park.
- There are no restrooms. There is a porta-potty in the park, and many cafes and restaurants nearby whose restrooms you can use with a purchase.
- There should also be a new restaurant going in the Weyerhauser Building by early summer, so unfortunately we are not allowed to have ANY vendors who sell cooked/prepared food (packaged food only).
Every First Thursday, April through September | Booth Fee: $40
Interested in Vending With Us?
Last year UCU was hired to curate and manage First Thursday at Occidental Park. Each month presented different fun incentives for folks to be down there and we found that it was a very successful experience for many of our vendors!
Pioneer Square is definitely seeing a resurgence with awesome new restaurants, great shops and galleries and many new businesses moving in (Weyerhaeuser, Expedia, etc.) As many of you also know, the cruise ships start coming in starting in May, which is when tourism really starts picking up — not to mention SIFF, the Seattle Art Fair, all the conventions at the Convention Center, PAX and of course all the people who live in the area that enjoy attending First Thursday to get their awesome dose of culture.
We got a very encouraging “please do that again” from many folks that participated and so we have teamed up with DSA to bring it back again in 2017! With Weyerhaeuser completed, we also won’t have to navigate HoneyBuckets, construction, etc. this year so we can’t wait! It also means hundreds of employees right in the heart of it all. In an effort to switch things up each month, we will try to rotate some vendors in more competitive categories.
- First Thursday will be running for six consecutive months: April, May, June, July, August, and September 2017.
- We will be filling forty 10′ x 10′ booth spaces each month, at just $40/space (we were able to get the 10% commission fee waived, yahoo!)
- You may choose to vend at one, two, three, four, five, or all six of these monthly events.
- Alexandra’s Macarons
- ALL ABOUT COOKIES!
- Alyssa Anne
- BeMused Creations
- BZR INC
- Capuli Club
- Cat Snapp Studio
- Cecelia Stitch
- Emily’s Handmade Soaps
- Enchanting Stranger
- Erika Laureano Design
- Erin Body Care
- Factory 43
- Farm Girl Products
- Forest Ceramic Co.
- Fourdice Culinary Enterprise, LLC
- Hapertas & Company
- J Mccormick Designs
- Leggett Art Studios
- Liberated Foods, LLC
- Local Knits
- Mike’s mugs and original etchings
- Natasha Alphonse Ceramics
- NOMAD by Elroy
- Parallel Jewelry
- Preclusion Embroidery
- Rhododo – Rhodora Jacob
- Rosie Ferne Illustration
- Sally by the Sea
- Sklepik Art Studio
- Soda Jerk Soda
- Tamers Beef Jerky
- The Dank Crystal
- Twyla Dill Design
- Uphill Designs Co
- Whiskey Jack Designs LLC
- Your Chef du Jour,LLC
- Yvette Elaine Organics
From Our First Thursday Vendors
I have really enjoyed vending at these Occidental Park events this summer. As someone who is new to craft fairs in general, it has helped me find my groove and learn how to better engage with my ideal customers in a relaxed and fun way. The low booth fee makes this event an easy commitment. The late hour gives us access [sic] to a fun and relaxed crowd. And, while the process of getting into Seattle and setting up in a busy urban setting can be intimidating, it isn’t so bad over time.
My last Occidental Park event, I sold so much more than any other First Thursday event, and I think that mostly had to do with my increased skill and confidence as a seller. Those are skills I have been able to bring with me into other events, and it just makes me so grateful to be able to hone this skill to help support my family.
Thank you for offering these first thursday fairs! When people talk to me at fairs in Tacoma and pierce county, curious about how to break into craft fairs, this is the event I recommend over and over. I hope that you offer them again next summer!